Green means Go!… Back to School
Here it is, fall is amongst us. Leaves are transforming into that rocky top orange hue, temperatures are cooling and millions have headed back to school. With that, 5 Star Waste is supplying parents, students, and educators with some quick and useful tips to make this school year more eco-friendly for you and yours. All of which is achievable through reducing, reusing, and recycling – whether you’re inside or outside of the classroom.
Let’s all work to make this school season the perfect opportunity to blend these eco-friendly practices into our daily routines and lend a hand in creating a lasting positive impact on our environment. It’s super simple and fun to do! By treating the Earth with love and kindness, we can all do our part to make this school year the most Earth-friendly school year ever.
Earn Grade-A Sustainability this school year by:
- Making good grades by purchasing recycled school supplies
- Ditching disposable bags and packing lunches in reusable containers
- Donating unused items to a local charity as you clear out those closets
- Properly recycling or donating old devices when upgrading to the latest versions – Electronics should never be placed in the trash or recycling
- Supplying clearly marked recycling bins in common areas at school, home, and work
- Making sure you know and teach others the three basic rules of recycling – both inside and outside the classroom:
- Recycle bottles, cans, and paper
- Keep food and liquids out of the recycling
- Keep plastic bags out of the recycling
By following these quick and simple eco-friendly tips, you can be a year-round recycling ambassador with 5 Star Waste!