It’s a pretty well-known fact that basements are among the most common areas in the home to stash stuff. Naturally, over time, most homes accumulate so much ‘junk’ that your basement begins to feel cluttered and unbearable. This is where we come in. 5 Star Waste in Union County, TN has a quick guide to completing a successful basement cleanout – and it’s all for you!
Keep it Simple, Give These a Try…
- Make a plan. Be kind to yourself. Schedule a realistic end date for your cleanup to ensure you’ve given yourself enough time. Many people have achieved success by devoting a single weekend to cleaning out their basements.
- Take baby steps. Don’t try to choke it all down at once; why stress yourself out? Everything is much easier when broken down into small manageable tasks.
- Sort your things. Create three piles for the items you sort through:
- Throw out
- Toss unwanted items. There are two types of people in this world: those who rent dumpsters and those who use curbside trash pickup (depending on the number of items). Consider donating or selling the “donate/sell” pile you’ve created. Yard sales, Facebook Marketplace or donations to non-profits are great options for the things you no longer want – they may still be of use to someone else.
- Organize what you’re keeping. Add some spice to your organizational skills with color-coded storage bins. Even clear bins can be trendy and efficient, allowing you to see the bins’ contents. Be sure to clearly label each side and the top of your bins for quicker access.
- Call 5 Star Waste. So when you go to clean your basement you’ll probably find that you have years of clutter to go through (don’t we all). 5 Star Waste in Union County, TN can help unclutter your basement. We’ll remove your unwanted waste and dispose of it responsibly. We do so by recycling and/or donating old items whenever possible. To schedule a basement cleanout or waste pickup, contact us by calling (865) 988-9737 today!